by Rev. Antony W. Ball
As a retired schoolmaster, September will always also signify, for me at least, the start of a new academic year. Let us remember in our prayers…
- * The children who will be starting school for the first time, especially any who will find it hard to ‘settle’.
- * Those, of any age, who will be changing schools – whether infant to primary, primary to secondary, or just through moving home.
- * Those who will be moving from school to sixth-form college, or to university, or college or apprenticeship.
- * Those who will be leaving school to go into employment for the first time.
- * Those who will find it impossible to secure employment of any kind.
- * Those who will ‘fall by the wayside’ for any reason whatsoever.